Malai Kofta. Malai means cream and kofta are fried balls. So malai kofta literally translates to koftas dunked in a creamy sauce. It is a popular Indian vegetarian dish in which potato paneer balls are served with a. "Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish.
In this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the kofta are made with paneer and potatoes. Malai = Heavy cream Kofta = meatballs. Malai Kofta – deep-fried paneer and potato balls, dunked in a creamy-smooth onion tomato based gravy! You can have Malai Kofta using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malai Kofta
- You need of For Koftas:.
- It’s 3 of Grated boiled Potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of Grated Paneer.
- Prepare 2 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of Grounded Coriander and cumin.
- It’s to taste of Chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn flour for binding.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Cashew paste: milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of cashew.
- It’s of Gravy: Onions 2 large.
- It’s 1-2 of Cardamom (use seeds).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Chilli.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
- You need 1.5 cups of Crushed tomato.
Once you taste this curry you will make it again. This malai kofta recipe is a vegetarian delight made of paneer and potato balls in a rich tomato Mmmm. If you've been to an Indian restaurant lately, chances are you've ordered this. this recipe post of malai kofta recipe, i have used the aloo anyway, before wrapping up the recipe, i would like to include some tips, suggestions and variation to malai kofta recipe. firstly, i would heavily. Malai Kofta is a popular Indian vegetarian side dish made with kofta balls dunked in creamy tomato based gravy.
Malai Kofta instructions
- Mix all the ingredients of kofta and shape them into balls and fry until golden brown or can be made in appe pan or can be baked in the oven. Just before serving add kofta to the gravy.
- Gravy: Heat oil and butter.Add cardamom seeds and cook for a minute..
- Now add finely chopped onions with garam masala and cook until golden brown..
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Cook for 2 mins..
- Add turmeric,salt, chilli powder and Kasoori methi..
- Add crushed tomato followed by cashew nut purée and cook this until oil separates.Finally add cream..
- Cashew Paste In a grinder, grind cashews with milk. Grind till a paste is formed. Add kofta and serve..
Serve them with Naan bread or homemade flatbread! I have had malai kofta only once in my life time. And finally once got it too and thought I should post malai kofta in this. Silly right, but somehow I tried malai kofta as well. Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish originated from the Mughlai cuisine.