You can have Baked Falafel using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Falafel
- You need 1 cup of chickpeas.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera(cumin seeds).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of besan for binding optional .
- You need as needed of Oil for greasing tray & little oil to drizzle on falafel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Baked Falafel instructions
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl with plenty of cold water; soak overnight; boil with salt until 90% done before boiling wash chickpeas in running water so all gas out 2. Drain & place chickpeas in food processor with onion, garlic,cumin, parsley,coriander & lemon juice.
- 3. Add salt & process until the mixture forms a coarse texture ; add sesame seeds 4. Shape the mixture in to walnut size ball & flatten them slightly.
- 5. In a preheat oven grease the tray& arrange the falafel 6. Change the sides frequently bake it until golden 7. Serve with tahini / yogurt mint dip.
- If you want make little spicy you can add 1-2 green chilli while grinding & fry them also but nowadays people wants healthy so baked one I make.