Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans.
You can cook Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 oz of ham (diced).
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of cilantro (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of sofrito (I use homemade! Goya sells it in the latin food section. They also have it in the freeze section. I think the frozen one is better to use if not using homemade).
- You need 10 of pimiento stuffed olives.
- Prepare 8 oz of can tomato sauce (Goya).
- You need 1 envelope of sazón culantro y achiote (Goya).
- Prepare 1 envelope of beef bouillon (Goya).
- It’s 2 of 15.5 ounce cans pink beans (Goya) (DO NOT DRAIN).
- It’s 16 oz of water.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 of adobo to taste (Goya).
Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans instructions
- Add oil, ham, cilantro, sofrito to deep saucepan and saute on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes..
- Add olives, tomato sauce, sazón, beef bouillon and stir 2-3 minutes..
- Add beans, water, potatoes, and adobo, stir..
- Turn heat to medium-high bring to boil. Stir occasionally..
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes. Remove lid stir and cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are done without lid..
- Serve with white rice..