Oh so goood, Spanish Rice with Chorizo. Sliced chorizo sausage with Spanish seasoned rice, veggies, and black beans. It all comes together in one pot. Now I want to put chorizo on/in everything…eggs, pizza, salad…probably all made better with chorizo. 🙂.
Made with chicken and chorizo and plenty of hot smoked paprika, this is a gutsy rice dish that is sure to impress friends and family. This delicious Instant Pot Spanish rice dish is made with chorizo sausage and sautéed peppers and tomatoes that give this family-friendly meal a lot of fun flavours. Pour the rice around the chicken and season. You can have Oh so goood, Spanish Rice with Chorizo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oh so goood, Spanish Rice with Chorizo
- It’s 2 of scallions chopped thinly.
- It’s 1 small of onion diced finely.
- Prepare 1 cup of of goya sofrito in a jar.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 cup of of white long grain rice, rinsed..
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cilantro (optional, I was put so I omitted this this time).
- You need 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- It’s 1 can of of goya pink beans (I used the seasoned one with Olive oil, cilantro & onion) or any bean of your liking. Reserve can for liquids..
- Prepare 1 packages of of chorizo sausage with 2 pcs in it diced small.
- It’s 1 envelope of goya sazon with anchiote.
Inspired by Simone Ortega and her It's up to you whether you make this rice focused or more about the chorizo. Cook brown rice according to packet instructions or reheat already cooked rice until piping hot. Transfer to a plate and set aside. I tried this with and without mushrooms and it is definitely better WITH them!
Oh so goood, Spanish Rice with Chorizo instructions
- Gather a large 4qt pot and add the EVOO under medium heat. (EVOO burns extremely quickly, so adjust accordingly).
- when warm, add chorizo and brown until golden but not crispy. Add diced onions when you reach that state and continue to cook until onions are translucent..
- Add the sofrito and let it come to a slight boil, then add the tomato sauce,envelope of sazon and beans . Let it start to bubble again to let the flavors meld and then add scallions. keep stirring so that it doesn't stick..
- use the same can from the beans to add 1 1/2 cups of water and then your rinsed rice. Stir until blended, lower heat and cook 1 hour covered. When done, fluff and serve as usual. Enjoy!.
I also added a can of black beans extra cheese green onions and fresh cilantro. One-pan rice dishes cooked in the oven are a boon for the busy cook. A Spanish style rice with chorizo and longaniza; two traditional latin flavor sausages. The chorizo and the longaniza are both made in Puerto Rico. Learn how to make Spanish rice & beans with chorizo and get the Smartpoints of the recipes.