You can have Chicken Flautas using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Flautas
- It’s 1 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Canola oil (for frying).
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Chipotle sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Adobo Goya.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 of (Shredded) Chicken Breast.
- It’s 1 of chopped Red Onion.
- It’s 1 large of Sweet Pepper.
- You need 1 of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Corn Tortillas.
Chicken Flautas instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and cover your baking dish with aluminun foil for easy clean-up ;} …set aside. Wash a large chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle EVOO on breast and season with adobo goya, cumin, garlic powder, and chilli powder (on both sides). Place chicken in oven for about 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven) or until it's almost fully baked and shreddable..
- While chicken is cooking, in a small mixing bowl add 1 chopped avocado, 1/2 chopped red onion, a bunch of chopped cilantro, juice from 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt (or to taste). Blend well..
- On a medium skillet, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of EVOO, your other 1/2 chopped red onion and chopped sweet peppers. Once onions are translucent, add shredded chicken and season with a little more cumin and chilli powder (or your favorite mexican seasonings), drizzle the other half of your lemon and about 1 1/2 tsp. of chipotle sauce. Add more EVOO if needed and chipotle sauce if you like it spicier..
- After it's cooked, let chicken mixture cool so it's easier to handle. Once chicken mixture is cool enough, fill your corn tortillas. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER FILL or mixture will fall out while frying. Fill and roll all your tortillas. In a medium frying pan on medium low heat, add about 1/4 cup of Canola oil. Start frying tortillas with seem down so they won't open up on you. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden, crisp brown. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil..
- Top with your simple guacamole mix and drizzle sriracha sauce on top and serve right away. Delicious! Enjoy :-).