Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas. Chicken Empanada is a well loved recipe. Most countries have their own version using a variety of ingredients. Empanada can be fried or baked.
Use diced rotisserie chicken and jarred salsa to speed things up. Baked Chicken Empanadas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Baked Chicken Empanadas a savory empanada, a good snack ready for our family. You can have Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas
- Prepare 1 pack of Goya discos (I used the annatto ones, partially thawed).
- It’s 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- You need 1/2 half of red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- You need of Ranch dressing.
Chicken Empanadas can be fried or baked. Adding a little of raisins to the. Recipe Credit: Jen Bucko and Lara Hamilton. Chicken empanadas are fun to make and a great no-fork-needed appetizer.
Baked Chicken 🐔 Empanadas instructions
- In a bowl combine shredded chicken, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mayonnaise and shredded cheddar cheese, set bowl to the side………
- Place 1 Goya discos on a plate……
- Use a rolling pin to spread out dough into a larger circle ⭕️…….
- Place about 1 large tablespoon of chicken mixture into center of discos……….
- Seal edges of discos with a fork……Continue until all discos and chicken mixture is gone……
- Place each finished empanada on a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray………..
- Bake empanadas in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes……
- Let cool for several minutes, serve with ranch dressing and enjoy 😉!!.
Baking these tasty treats gives a crispy crust with less fat and the Manzanilla olives add a delicious nutty flavor. Baked Chicken Empanadas – a homemade baked version of a popular street food that doesn't need frying for full flavour. Freezer friendly to bake later too! Empanadas are a very popular street food in many Latin American countries and in Spain and it is so easy to see why. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.