Ragda Patties. Ragda Patties is popular street food from the state of Maharashtra and Gujarat in India. Potato patties are served with a spicy white pea curry and garnished with chutneys, cilantro and sev! Patties – In ragda patties, the patties are pan fried or shallow fried potato patties (aloo tikki).
Ragda Patties is made with potato cutlets/ patties served in a spicy peas gravy and topped with assortment of chutneys and garnished with freshly chopped. Ragda Patties recipe with step by step photos. Ragda Patties, one of the most famous street foods of Mumbai, is a satiating snack that is loved by people of all ages. You can have Ragda Patties using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ragda Patties
- Prepare 500gm of Boiled Potato – (Refrigerated for 4-5 hours).
- You need 1/4 cup of Poha.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander – (Chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger – (Grated).
- It’s 2 tsp of Green Chilli – (Chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Flakes –.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry Mango Powder –.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Anardana Powder –.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Rice Flour –.
- Prepare as needed of Oil for frying.
- You need of For Making Ragada:.
- Prepare 250 gms of Dried White Peas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Chopped Green Chillies.
- You need 1/4 of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Chaat Masala.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of water.
Home » CHAAT ITEMS » Ragda pattice When I was browsing my recipe book that I wrote before marriage, it had this Ragda patties recipe. Ragda Patties is popular street food of Mumbai. Can be served as a snack, as an appetizer, as a light meal.
Ragda Patties step by step
- Grate the potatoes in a bowl. Soak the poha in 2 tbsp water for 10-15 minutes. Add grated potatoes, soaked poha and all the other tikki ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Grease your hands with oil and divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Make each part into a ball and then press gently to make a tikki. Refrigerate the tikki for 30 minutes..
- Heat oil for frying the tikki in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the tikki and fry on medium heat until tikki are browned and crisp from all the sides..
- To Make Ragada: soaking white peas overnight and boil it..
- Now, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds in it. After that add ¼ cup of chopped onions and saute them until they become beautiful golden brown. After saute the onions for 2 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste in the mix. Stir the onion and the paste well for another 1 minute in medium heat. When the color of the onion turns golden brown add ½ cup of chopped tomatoes in them. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh green chillies and cook them till the tom.
- Take out the delicious ragada in a plate and add patties and serve hot..
Make Easy, Healthy, Tasty Ragda Patties at Home. · Ragda Patties recipe with step by step photos. Ragda Patties, one of the most famous street foods of Mumbai, is a satiating snack that is loved by people of all ages. From being a street food, it has grown. Ragda Patties (pronounced as Pattice) are flavorful potato patties smothered with a zesty sauce made with vatana or dried white peas. It is then garnished with sweet and spicy chutneys, sev.