Chana masala. Easy to make, extremely flavorful, and satisfying. Thanks to Fetch Rewards for sponsoring this video! Chana masala is a common Indian term used to mention a chickpea curry where each region has their own way of making it.
Garam masala is the traditional spice blend for chana. It is one of the most popular Indian dishes, whether its in India or in the western world. In Delhi though, we usually make Chole, which is very similar to Chana Masala. You can have Chana masala using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chana masala
- It’s 250 gms of chickpeas.
- It’s 2 of medium sized onions.
- You need 2 of medium sized tomato.
- It’s 8-10 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger piece.
- It’s 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chana masala any.
- You need 1 tsp of kasori methi.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of anardana.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of carrom seeds.
- It’s 2 of red chilli.
- It’s as required of Whole garam masala for spluter(e.g bay leaf,cumin seeds,cardmom).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need as required of Water.
- It’s as required of Chopped green coriander.
Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. As one of the most popular dishes in the world, both in and out of India and Pakistan, channa masala. Chana Masala Adapted from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe, which was adapted over here because much to my frustration, I own two Madhur Jaffrey books and this is in neither. Delicious Chana Masala. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Chana masala step by step
- Soak chickpeas for 8-9 hrs, then wash properly and boil it in for 3- 4 whistles..
- Grind tomato,onion, garlic, ginger,and green chillies.
- Now heat pan crackle all whole garam masala add paste saute fora5_6 min stir occasionally. Add coriander, garam masala, turmeric,red chilli powder Cook till it leaves oil now add boil chickpeas c cook for 2 more min then add chhola masala, black salt, carom seeds, anardana and salt and add water as needed..
- Boil for 10-12 mins now add kassori methi rubbed and chopped green coriander. Chana masala is ready for serve with rice, chapati or bhatura.
Chana Masala or chhole masala is a tasty chickpea potato curry. So much flavour and so easy you can make it on weeknights! Pressure Cooker Chana Masala (Instant Pot and Stovetop recipes). I love chana masala when I go to Indian restaurants, and I think this at-home version tastes really good without using hard-to-find ingredients that you might encounter in other chana masala recipes. Chana masala, chole masala, channay, chholay – so many names for such a simple dish, one that Rick Stein claims is probably "the most popular vegetarian curry in India", and with good reason.