Chinese Stir-fried Fish Cake with Radish 蘿蔔炒魚鬆.
You can cook Chinese Stir-fried Fish Cake with Radish 蘿蔔炒魚鬆 using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Stir-fried Fish Cake with Radish 蘿蔔炒魚鬆
- You need 300 g of fish minced paste.
- Prepare 1 of whole chinese radish.
- Prepare of chopped spring onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of light soya sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/3 of of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need of chicken stock or powder.
Chinese Stir-fried Fish Cake with Radish 蘿蔔炒魚鬆 instructions
- Main ingredients fish minced paste (Hong Kong uses Mud Carp), Radish (pick ones that are heavy and looks fresh) and spring onions.
- Add 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 of white pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 1tsp of sesame oil, 1/3 tsp of sugar. Mix well as will stick everywhere thats why when bought they wrap with plastic sheets.
- Before cooking pat small amount of corn starch on both sides.
- Place fish cake in a High medium heat pan with oil..
- Pan fried for 2 mins (do not flip until its golden brown).
- Flip to the other side and use the spatula and press down to make it flat (2 mins).
- Switch to Medium heat turn the fish cake again for another 2 mins until cook. To check if cook poke with spatula, can feel this solid bounce then its cooked. If still not cook through flip it every 1 min to avoid burning it..
- Set it aside and cool down. You can have it like this with sweet soya sauce and spring onion on top if lazy 😁.
- Peel off the radish skin.
- Cut into finger size.
- Usually uses this brand of stock/powder. if use powder mix 1 tsp to a bowl of warm luke water..
- High heat place 2 tsp of oil in pan. When pan is hot add in radish and stir for 1 min. Change to high-med heat add in 1/2 bowl of chicken stock and let it simmer. Multi tasking cut up the fish cake and chop up spring onions..
- Check on the radish from time to time. When water dries up add 1/4 of chicken stock again, when dry add the last 1/4 stir until dry. Taste test – little salty but not bland, add small amount of hot water if still hard. Repeat procedure if needed (i prefer soft but some prefers a little solid so up to u).
- Add in fish cake and a spoon of oyster sauce. Stir for 1 min and taste. If bland add little more oyster sauce..
- Add spring onions stir 30 secs. Done! This also taste very good even its leftovers just reheat in microwave with little hot water. Enjoy!.