Pork hock vege stew. This dish is simply pork pata (or pork legs) that are slow cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and spices. It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots, and the rest of the ingredients.
The Best Pork Hocks Recipes on Yummly Smoked Pork Hocks With Horseradish-garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pork Hock With Braised Greens, Black-eyed Pea And Ham Hock Soup. Pork hocks Potatoes Greens or cabbage, if desired. You can cook Pork hock vege stew using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork hock vege stew
- You need 1 kg of Pork hock.
- Prepare of Potato.
- You need 1 of White Radish (Daikon).
- It’s 2 of Carrots.
- Prepare 5 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 handful of Lotus seed.
- Prepare of Sliced Lotus root.
- Prepare 2 of good size Bok Choys.
- You need of Salt.
Cover pork hocks with seasoned boiling water. Chinese braised pork hock is one of my favorite home-cooked Chinese dishes, stewed for hours in soy sauce, rock sugar and Chinese Gimme gimme more! Pork hocks go right there on that list. Also known as pork ankle, this delectable cut of meat is comprised of.
Pork hock vege stew step by step
- In a large pot, boil the pork hock until bubbly. Drain the water and clean the pork thoroughly under cold water. Do this step TWICE..
- Move the pork into a slow/pressure cooker and fill water to cover the pork. If you don't have one, just use a large pot..
- If you use dried Shiitake, rinse and soak them with hot water..
- Peel and cut daikon, carrots, bok choy and potatoes into big cubes..
- Boil the daikon for a few minutes to lighten the smell and taste..
- Add daikon, shiitake, lotus seed and carrots into the pot with the pork hock..
- Add 1 table spoon of salt..
- If you use slow cooker, set it to 2h. If you use pressure cooker, cook for 30-45mins until the pork is soft. If you use normal pot, bring the pot to boil and shimmer for 2h..
- Put the potatoes, lotus root and bok choy in, stir a little for them to be soaked in stock and cook for another 1 hour if you use slow cooker or pot; 15-20mins or until the potatoes are soft if you use pressure cooker..
- Serve with rice, bread, egg noodle or just by itself if you put a lot of potatoes in..
Pork hock may be the front or hind leg and may or may not include the knuckles. The front hock is preferred since it is meatier. Note, though, that it is the tendons in the knuckles that gives the sauce of this sweet sour pork hock stew its distinctively rich and rather sticky texture. Pork hock is a very inexpensive and tough piece of meat that is loaded with connective tissue, ligaments and muscle fibers. When cooked low and slow, however, it yields fork-tender meat and a very flavorful broth that is useful for making stews and soups.