Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Tart raspberries get a sweet treatment from a simple sugar topper. Make this recipe for your next bake sale or as a tasty twist on a weeknight dessert.
These Sugar Crusted Raspberry Muffins are a slightly sweet muffin with chunks of fresh raspberries tucked within. They're topped with a generous sprinkle of chunky white sugar. These lovely, easy raspberry muffins are oh-so-simple to make – and the best thing is the kids will love helping you make them! You can cook Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 ounces of butter, melted.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of raspberries –frozen.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
Muffins packed with raspberries and topped with coarse sugar crystals – a delightful breakfast made using Gold Medal® all-purpose flour. Raspberry Lemon-Glazed Muffins – The Food Charlatan. These moist and tender muffins are full of fresh raspberries! The lemon glaze on top puts them over the edge. · Moist, tender, and heavenly raspberry muffins topped with crusted sugar and baked to absolute perfection.
Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins step by step
- Heat oven to 375° F convection or 400 degree conventional.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners..
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt..
- Add the melted butter and combine..
- In a second bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy..
- Toss the berries with the ¼ cup of flour in a bowl..
- Carefully fold the berry mixture into the batter..
- Fill each muffin cup 80% full. Sprinkle the batter with the brown sugar..
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in a convention oven add about five minutes for a conventional oven or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean..
- Serve warm..
This recipe for easy, sugar crusted raspberry muffins is one of my all time favorites. These muffins are so moist and the raspberry flavor is a burst of deliciousness that you just can't beat. Warmed up with a little butter spread on 'em and wow! Make these sugar-topped muffins with the fresh red raspberries from your berry patch or the local farmers' market. Raspberry Muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.