Sugar cookies to decorate. Before we begin decorating, let's review my sugar cookie recipe. This recipe, pictured below as adorable little hearts, have slightly crisp edges and a nice flat surface. Sugar cookies are a delicious treat; with a little effort you can make them both tasty and beautiful.
These cookies are sturdy enough that they won't crumble as you work with them and have large, flat areas that are just begging for a bit of decoration. The pros show you how to decorate sugar cookies from start to finish. They also dispel a common myth about what it takes to get perfectly decorated sugar cookies. You can have Sugar cookies to decorate using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sugar cookies to decorate
- You need 1 lb of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 6 cups of flour.
Decorate sugar cookies for Christmas with these great designs from Food Network. Using a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread the icing to cover the cookie. Decorate with the colored icing while the white icing is still wet (click through gallery). Decorating cutout sugar cookies with royal icing has become super fun for me.
Sugar cookies to decorate instructions
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until JUST combined..
- Add eggs one at a time, combining in between each addition. Mix in vanilla extract and almond extract..
- Add flour two cups at a time mixing on slow speed (you can cover the bowl with a tea towel to avoid flour spills) The dough will be soft and should not be too sticky to the touch..
- Roll out the dough in one cup portions to be about 1/4” thick. I like to freeze the dough at this point to make cutting the cookies easier. Freeze the rolled dough for 5-10 minutes, depending on your climate..
- Cut the cookies into your desired shape and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Space these cookies at least an inch apart. (They don’t have baking powder or baking soda but they do spread a tiny bit.).
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Once baked, let cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool..
The first couple of times it drove me crazy, but now I love it. Last week I promised that I'd have a video, tutorial and all the info you need to learn How to Decorate Cookies with Royal Icing and today is the day! This is the easiest way to decorate sugar cookies. When you use a pastry bag (plus a tip) with a thick frosting, you have way more control and you don't need to be as precise. In fact, super simple patterns like polka dots can look really cool when piped with a tip.