Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake). Vegan bánh xèo is a Vietnamese CLASSIC! Traditionally served with mustard greens and fish sauce, this crispy, savoury pancake is a super tasty and colourful. Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Sizzling Cakes) with Tofu.
These Vietnamese pancakes are just like savory crêpes except they are thicker and more delicious. The turmeric gives them a lovely color and ties the The additional crunch from the fresh vegetables makes these pancakes irresistible. Bahn Xeo: Vietnamese Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]. You can have Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
- It’s 1 package of bot banh xeo (flour).
- Prepare 1 c. of diced ngo gai (replace onion).
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 c. of veg. ham sliced thin strips.
- You need 1/4 of jicama slice thin strips.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper sliced thin strips.
- It’s 2 of carrots shredded.
- You need 1 c. of veg. crab meat sliced strips (no pollock = fish).
- It’s 2 stalks of celery sliced thin.
- It’s strips of half zuchini sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 c. of mushrooms sliced.
Crispy Vietnamese crepes made with rice flour and coconut milk. Filled with sautéed mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, carrots, and tofu! Fold the Bánh Xèo in half and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining batter and vegetables.
Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) step by step
- Mix bot banh xeo flour and tumeric (came with package) with 3.5 c. Cold water, coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt. (Image below has ngo gai already).
- Add ngo gai to mixture and set aside..
- Slice thin all vegetables and vegetarian ham and veg. Crab meat. The thinner the quicker it cooks..
- Heat nonstick pan on medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil, place all sliced vegetables and meat in pan leaving middle for the fold..
- Add 1 laddle of banh xeo mix to pan and tilt pan to cover everything..
- Cover pan with lid to cook vegetables. 3 min. Since we cut veg.thin. remove lid when outer rim is slightly brown and pulling from pan, use spatula to fold in half. Done. Eat with vegan fish sauce and salad. Makes about 12 banh xeo or pancake..
- Bot banh xeo cam be bought at the adian stores. There are many varieties. Any will do..
- Can frozen extra mixture to use later..
Serve the Bánh Xèo warm with the. Have you ever had bánh xèo? These sizzling, chewy, crispy Vietnamese crêpes are made from rice flour, coconut milk, and turmeric – which gives them that brilliant yellow color – and are surprisingly easy to cook at home. For years, I feared making bánh xèo (pronounced bahn say-oh) because the. Vietnamese bánh xèo is great for family style dinners and you can prep the batter a night ahead of time.