Carrot Dishes | Urdu Recipes – Carrot Dishes is all ready natural and sweet recipe. this is a strong dish for everyone and many are use in different of recipe. Fans can try in home Carrot Dishes.
Carrot Dishes | Urdu Recipes
Carrot Dishes | English Recipes
Zarda is a traditional South Asian dessert that is usually prepared on weddings and other special occasions. Prepared by boiling rice, carrots, milk, sugar and various dried nuts, lip-smacking carrot zarda provides a number of healthy nutrients like vitamin (A & C), proteins, dietary fibers, calcium, potassium etc. Let’s know how to cook delicious Carrot Zarda Carrot Cooking at home.
Prep time: 15 min + (30 min soaking time)
Cook time: 45 min
Carrot Zarda Recipe: Required Ingredients
• ½ kg rice (boiled)
• 3 crushed carrots
• ½ kg sugar
• ½ cup milk
• ½ cup Khoya
• Crushed coconut (as desired)
• ½ pistachios
• ½ cup cooking oil
Carrot Zarda Recipe: Cooking Instructions
1. Clean the rice carefully, rinse in running water and soak for about half hour.
2. Take 5-6 glasses of water in a large pan and put it on stove for boiling. Then add rice into the boiling water and let it cook until ¾ done. Thereafter put boiled rice in a colander in order to remove excess water, keep aside.
3. Crush the carrots after washing them, put in a frying pan and cook over medium heat until the water dries well.
4. Divide rice, carrots and sugar, each item in two equal portions.
5. Apply three tablespoon of cooking oil in the bottom of pan, spread one layer of each rice, carrots and sugar, and then add two tablespoon of milk. Repeat the same procedure for remaining rice, carrots and sugar.
6. Cover the pan with its lid, place it on stove over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, and then steam for about ten minutes.
7. After that, remove the lid of pan, add cooking oil into the zarda and cover the pan again for five minutes.
8. Transfer zarda carrot in a serving dish, garnish with crushed coconut, khoya and pistachios. Serve hot.